Northfields Allotments are the oldest allotments in London. They were given by the Bishop of London to the people of Ealing in 1832.
The original allotments were much larger than they are today, 60% of the allotments were used for housing in the 1970s.
There is a threat of construction of a new housing development on part of the allotment site.
Northfields Allotments, Northfields Avenue W13